How can I get my Netdata Agent web dashboard to work?

http://NODE:19999 doesn’t work for me.

I use Amazon EC2 Ubuntu 18.

My Netdata run perfectly service netdata start and the stats are OK on Netdata Cloud.

I’m wondering what I’m doing wrong why http://ec2ip:19999 doesn’t work for me. Security ports are open, ufw firewall are open for http/https

@XP-Mai I am very happy to read this news! :smiley:

Please, let us know if you need anything.

Best regards!

1 Like

@Thiago-Marques-0 Thank you so much! It’s working now. :smile:

@Thiago-Marques-0 said in How can I get my Netdata Agent web dashboard to work?:

@XP-Mai I used “```” at the beginning and at the end of the block to show my iptables, probably if you also add them, you will be able to plot firewall output here.

Yes, Akismet prevented me from posting even though I enclosed it with triple backticks. Maybe it got to do with the length of the message. Because overall it’s quite long.

@XP-Mai I am assuming that your iptables output is different of my output, this means that you have a firewall running, so you will need to enable connections to port 19999 to access from outside your network.

@Thiago-Marques-0 Yes, I shared the terminal lines above. It’s linked to pastebin of the 2 commands you told me to try.

@OdysLam can users use “```” without restrictions?

@XP-Mai I used “```” at the beginning and at the end of the block to show my iptables, probably if you also add them, you will be able to plot firewall output here.

@Thiago-Marques-0

sudo iptables -L

iptables -L -t nat

Can you check is it firewall problem?

I can’t paste the terminal lines directly here because Akismet thinks it’s spam.

@Mai-Vu-Tan considering that you have success to access it locally, this means that probably you have a firewall blocking requests to port 19999 that comes from outside the machine. You can confirm this running the command iptables -L and iptables -L -t nat . If you see something different of :

bash-5.0# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination         

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
bash-5.0# iptables -L -t nat
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

you will need to configure your firewall to allow connections for port 19999.

@Mai-Vu-Tan , this is a successful request. When you ran curl on terminal, it got the html code and prints it on screen, this happens because the terminal cannot convert this for a web page.

@Thiago-Marques-0 I don’t host it on my computer… I host it on an Amazon EC2 instance.

@OdysLam said in How can I get my Netdata Agent web dashboard to work?:

Hi,

I would suggest starting the investigation by using curl to try and fetch the dashboard from inside the VM: curl HTTP://localhost:19999.

What does this mean? Is it success or failure?

link to screenshot: curl HTTP://localhost:19999

Hello @Mai-Vu-Tan ,

Do you have a firewall running on this computer? Can you access it locally using 127.0.0.1 as IP address?

Best regards!

Hi,

I would suggest starting the investigation by using curl to try and fetch the dashboard from inside the VM: curl HTTP://localhost:19999. If it works, then for some reason Netdata can not be accessed by another machine. Then, we could look into whether Netdata itself has this restriction (by looking at the configuration) or whether AWS EC2 needs some configuration to allow inbound access. Chances are that if you are using netdata default configuration, then netdata is accessible by any machine, so it must be EC2 specific.

BTW, Welcome to our community! Thank you for posting your questions and be sure to stick around and help a user or two if you happen to have any insight on their questions. We would love to see you how you use netdata :slight_smile:

Best,
Odysseas