App.netdata.cloud - always focuse on

Hi,

Is “On Focus” mode available somewhere in app.netdata.cloud?

!

Thanks.

Thanks Jacek for jumping in the thread!

@ezois, keep us posted if it works and do stick around. :slight_smile:

Thanks, this workaround will do fine.

@Ezols thanks for asking, i forgot to put an update here. So, it turned out that right now users will have more benefit if we still don’t update charts when focus is lost (actually this is what “on focus” mode is, contrary to “always”), so we cannot make “always” mode the default yet… We will try to bring the options modal to the cloud, but there are other more-requested features, unfortunately.

As a workaround, of course not ideal, you can change this setting in browser console, by doing localStorage["options.stop_updates_when_focus_is_lost"] = false, this way charts will still be updating when you switch to other tab/window.

Hi Jacek,

“On Focus” was working for some time, but now the charts again are not refreshing if i haven’t focused on netdata tab.
Any hope for “on focus” to be on by default?

Hi Jacek,

“On Focus” by default would be great for me.

Thanks.

Hi Ezols, no, unfortunately it isn’t, we didn’t had time to design the modal with options. But we actually thought we should set it “On Focus” as default. Would it be ok for you?

Sorry to resurrect an old topic but…

First, thanks for the hack above. Unfortunately I couldn’t get it to work.

I sure would like this setting in Netdata cloud too. I was forced to move to cloud to get a feature I needed. I have a lot of windows open and I like to leave the browser behind other things I am working on and watch the graph change.

Setting localStorage[“options.stop_updates_when_focus_is_lost”] = false didn’t seem to have any effect at all on the refresh.

Hi @BigPines , since that time we did big refactor and that hack isn’t working.
But there’s good news, we implemented the feature which does exactly that - forces charts to update when browser is not in focus. Please check the dropdown next to “Play / Pause” button, so you can choose “Force Play”. Will this work for you?

1 Like

That works! Brilliant! Thank you so much!

Mike