Alarms web_log_1m_redirects CRITICAL & web_log_1m_successful CRITICAL

Hello everyone,

I just set up my netadata on my hosted server.

I find alerts that are critical (web_log_1m_redirects CRITICAL & web_log_1m_successful CRITICAL), however it does not tell me anything. Should I worry about it? Or all is ok? :slight_smile:

Please find attached the screenshots.

Thank you in advance for your insights / inputs on this.

Have a good day!

2 Likes

Hey,

Thanks for asking! Actually, this is a very good question, as we could improve the UI here.

In this case, you can see the description of the alarm, just under the title.

The first case, since it says that it’s the ratio of redirection HTTP requests over the last minute, means that 50% of the HTTP requests are being redirected over the last minute.

if you want to understand the syntax of the alarm configuration, you can take a look at our docs. It’s not super intuitive, so we are actively working in abstracting this over a better UI/UX experience.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks @OdysLam

Regarding 3xx (redirects), 4xx (client error), 5xx (server error) ratio alarms: i think we need to remove crit from 3xx and 4xx.

Hello,

Thanks for the update & documentation!

It could be great to be able to edit the alert (i.e choose the value) or to delete/disable the alert.
It is spamming my mailbox.

For example, something like this:

Are these alerts critical? I’m getting web_log_1m_successful and web_log_1m_redirects in my email alerts and I don’t know what it is?

1 Like

Hey @Sub_Line ,

Sorry for not responding earlier! You can actually edit the configuration of the agent in order to change the default values:

1 Like

Hi,
Sorry for bringing up this old threat but what would be the best fix for this particular case with " web_log_1m_redirects" and " web_log_1m_successful" . Should I completly disable this alarm , modify it or fix somehow apache configuration ?
Best Regards

Hi @JakubP

Our stock alerts are tuned to cover a wide range of cases, but indeed the values might not fit every setup out there.

As you said, you may choose to modify it to fit your needs, or disable it all-together.

Thanks for reply.
I’m very new to Netdata, so maybe this is value alert for me. Any chance you can direct me what should I check in apache logs/configuration to resolve it ? I was googling but doesn’t find anything except this thread.

@JakubP
Go to the alerts tab and there should now be a green Netdata icon on the right of each alert. Click it to bring up the Netdata Assistant which should give some information on the alert.
Hopefully, it’s more helpful than the screenshots in the OP because, frankly, one of those doesn’t make any sense; why would we get alerts for lots of successful Apache codes? Moreover, if it’s a ratio then what is it a ratio between?

Post back here what the Netdata Assistant says and if it doesn’t make sense then we can feedback to the Devs.