Not receiving alerts for unreachable node

Ah, thank you for the quick response - that screenshot resolved things for me. I was only looking at the space-level notifications configuration and not my individual profile notifications:

I didn’t see this in the documentation when I was searching earlier, though now I see there is a section in the middle of this page with more information: Alert notifications | Learn Netdata

I think the reason I didn’t find it earlier is I had mismatched expectations of how alerts are configured in Cloud. My initial instinct was to try and configure global notification settings so that others on our team don’t need to personalize their own alerts/think about the netadata config, they can just consume the output of the alerts and traige + resolve issues. Bascially a notification stream/channel that can be sent to an email list/slack channel/pagerduty rotation. I believe this behavior is possible on a per-node basis, but it seems like for now it’s not possible at the cloud/war room level.

It sounds like the team has some upcoming changes planned around this, so will stay tuned: Unreachable Netdata Cloud alerts to Slack/similar? - #5 by bo-d

1 Like