Systemd plugin unit errors

Hi all,

I’m pretty sure I’ve asked (and gotten an answer to) this in the past - but it was so long ago I can’t find it in the community (or github issues).

I’m trying to setup the systemd unit monitoring (outlined here). I’ve enabled the plugin and configured /etc/netdata/conf.d/go.d/systemdunits.conf with:

jobs:
  - name: st2-sensors
    include:
      - 'o_sensors@JIRADefgenSensor.service'

When I restart netdata I see this printed in the error.log:

2021-05-20 12:35:09: go.d ERROR: systemdunits[st2-sensors] error on listing units: Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.1501028" (uid=596 pid=129886 comm="/usr/libexec/netdata/plugins.d/go.d.plugin 1 ") interface="org.freedesktop.systemd1.Manager" member="ListUnitsByPatterns" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.freedesktop.systemd1" (uid=0 pid=1 comm="/usr/lib/systemd/systemd --system --deserialize 18")
2021-05-20 12:35:09: go.d ERROR: systemdunits[st2-sensors] check failed

I’m running version:
netdata v1.30.1,
CentOS Linux release 7.7.1908,
systemd 219

I think this may be an issue with the systemd version - but I don’t recall specifically.

I think this is the issue you’re referring to.

1 Like

Of course someone else can find it. Thanks @novykh .

That is interesting. You are using the old version of the go.d.plugin and ~ new Netdata Agent :thinking:

1 Like

Hey @mjtice , how did you install Netdata?

Hey @OdysLam , we install it via:
https://centos.pkgs.org/7/epel-x86_64/netdata-1.30.1-2.el7.x86_64.rpm.html

For the go.d plugin, I download the tarball and rpm-ify it and install it that way.

BTW, I did upgrade the go.d plugins and it took care of this error.

@mjtice consider using our PackageCloud repository.

1 Like