Do I no longer need to set [Web] mode = none, to disable the dashboard on new netdata installs?
Hi, @tmikaeld. No, the dashboard is not disabled. Our installer script uses the most appropriate method depending on your system:
- prefer native packages (.deb/.rpm)
- if not available use static build
- if not available for os/arch build from the source
There is one difference between 1 vs 2, 3.
- Netdata listens on localhost (127.0.0.1:19999). Not accessible from a remote host.
- and 3. Netdata listens on all interfaces (0.0.0.0:19999)
I think your host is Debian/Ubuntu? If so, you get 1.: Netdata listens on localhost, the dashboard is enabled by can’t be accessed from a remote host.