Unable to get netdata on XCP-ng 8.2.1

Coming from ESXi I am doing my first steps with XCP-ng. I wanted to integrate Netdata as well as XCP-ng is featured as supported environment.

According to instructions I ssh to my XCP-ng installation and executed:

yum install xen-dom0-libs-devel

yum install yajl-devel

yum install xen-devel

without issues. I don’t now how to add centos-release-xen repository - hoping this is not needed. When then trying to execute

wget -O /tmp/netdata-kickstart.sh h**ps://get.netdata.cloud/kickstart.sh && sh /tmp/netdata-kickstart.sh

I get this result:

[**10:04** **localhost** ~]# wget -O /tmp/netdata-kickstart.sh h**ps://get.netdata.cloud/kickstart.sh && sh /tmp/netdata-kickstart.sh

--2024-02-22 10:04:34-- h**ps://get.netdata.cloud/kickstart.sh

Auflösen des Hostnamen »get.netdata.cloud (get.netdata.cloud)«... 172.67.72.170, 104.26.8.141, 104.26.9.141, ...

Verbindungsaufbau zu get.netdata.cloud (get.netdata.cloud)|172.67.72.170|:443... verbunden.

HTTP-Anforderung gesendet, warte auf Antwort... 200 OK

Länge: 88187 (86K) [application/octet-stream]

In »»/tmp/netdata-kickstart.sh«« speichern.

100%[========================================================================================================================================================================================>] 88.187 --.-K/s in 0,007s

2024-02-22 10:04:34 (11,9 MB/s) - »»/tmp/netdata-kickstart.sh«« gespeichert [88187/88187]

--- **Using /tmp/netdata-kickstart-Ca6oWZBJ9E as a temporary directory.** ---

--- **Checking for existing installations of Netdata...** ---

--- **No existing installations of netdata found, assuming this is a fresh install.** ---

**WARNING** Unable to determine Linux distribution for native packages.

**WARNING** Could not install native binary packages, falling back to alternative installation method.

[/tmp/netdata-kickstart-Ca6oWZBJ9E]# **sh -c /usr/bin/curl h**ps://github.com/netdata/netdata-nightlies/releases/latest -s -L -I -o /dev/null -w '%{url_effective}' | grep -Eo '[^/]+$'**

**OK**

--- **Attempting to install using static build...** ---

[/tmp/netdata-kickstart-Ca6oWZBJ9E]# **/usr/bin/curl --fail -q -sSL --connect-timeout 10 --retry 3 --output /tmp/netdata-kickstart-Ca6oWZBJ9E/netdata-x86_64-latest.gz.run h**ps://github.com/netdata/netdata-nightlies/releases/download/v1.44.0-400-nightly/netdata-x86_64-latest.gz.run**

curl: (35) Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s).

**FAILED**

The following non-fatal warnings or errors were encountered:

- Unable to determine Linux distribution for native packages.

- Could not install native binary packages, falling back to alternative installation method.

- Command "/usr/bin/curl --fail -q -sSL --connect-timeout 10 --retry 3 --output /tmp/netdata-kickstart-Ca6oWZBJ9E/netdata-x86_64-latest.gz.run h**ps://github.com/netdata/netdata-nightlies/releases/download/v1.44.0-400-nightly/netdata-x86_64-latest.gz.run" failed with exit code 35.

**ABORTED** Unable to download static build archive for x86_64. This is usually a result of a networking issue.

For community support, you can connect with us on:

[/root]# **rm -rf /tmp/netdata-kickstart-Ca6oWZBJ9E**

**OK**

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you in advance.
PS: It’s hard to protocol the issue with only 5 links allowed.

Hey. It looks like the version of curl available on XCP-ng 8.2 is very very old.

Can you try wget, let’s see if it works.

wget https://github.com/netdata/netdata-nightlies/releases/download/v1.44.0-400-nightly/netdata-x86_64-latest.gz.run

Hi ilyam8,
no issues to execute the wget download. Now what…? I’m positive we get this solved!
Michael

FYI: I was able to help myself and found this to be working on XCP-ng host:
yum install netdata-ui
With using the premium XOA I was even able to install latest netdata plugin in hosts/advanced.

@Sensibelchen hey. What is “premium XOA” and what Netdata version is “latest netdata plugin in hosts/advanced”?