What does this alarm mean?

Ok, so don’t be mad at me for being dumb, Like everyone on stack exchange. But I’m new to using Linux and netdata. So I don’t really know what this alert means. Should I be concerned? (The raspberry pi 4 is voltage throttling, don’t know why. But if that’s helpful)

Also if this is the wrong category, sorry.

Hi,

In this page (linked from the chart in your last screenshot) we have gathered some additional details about this particular alert. Does that help?

1 Like

Could system stability send a ton of errors? I was getting file system errors spammed. I think the low voltage was causing these.

@jsnotlout what system are you using to get low voltage?

It’s the built in low voltage sensor for raspberrypi4. Its really odd since I have the right power supply

@jsnotlout That’s interesting because I used to get a lot of those errors on a raspberry pi 4 cluster, but it’s been a lot better since I went to Power over Ethernet (PoE).
It might just be worth checking your syslogs to see if you have any undervoltage warnings.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it is related. As I got spammed with file system error alerts until I rebooted. Rebooting fixes the Undervoltage for a while. But it will start up again after a few days.

Hey,

Not sure if you have also tried to see what the Netdata Assistant tells you about this alert?

You can go to the Alerts tab > Alert Configurations find the alert you are interested and click on the icon for the assistant - if the alert is active you can immediately go to the Active alerts tab.

See example:
chrome_NQxZJSDDhk

1 Like