eBPF Plugin Crash 12/24/20

During the morning update to the newest nightly version, v1.28.0-22-nightly Ubuntu 20.04.1 reported a crash. The output of /var/crash is here Output of /var/crash I’ve also uploaded the /var/log/netdata/error.log Netdata error log 122420

Hello @chris.pollock,

Thank you for your report.

Unfortunately is too late on my timezone, but I will take a look on this tomorrow to bring the fix as soon as possible.

What is the current kernel you are running on this Ubuntu? ANother thing, please, can you share the core dump with us?

Best regards!

@Thiago_Marques_0, I’m running kernel 5.4.0-58-generic. The coredump starts on line 70 of the file
_usr_libexec_netdata_plugins.d_ebpf.plugin.0.crash which I posted on Pastebin earlier. It’s noted as “Output of /var/crash” in the original message.

Thank you, I am on it now.

Hello @chris.pollock,

Today I could fix the problem with ebpf.plugin and I also could fix the problems with kernel 5.10.x, to bring all the fixes I will also need to change our git files on kernel-collector repository, so I will bring a big PR next week to fix everything. I decided to bring this short report, firstly to give you an explanation about how the fix is going, and no less important, I want so say a special thank you very much! To work today was something great for me, I do not have doubt that without this work, I would have a terrible weekend.

When I have the PRs I will bring the links for them here.

Best regards!

That’s great @Thiago_Marques_0, I’m glad I was able to help with the solution.

1 Like