Log Management / Log Explorer

There are several open source and private solutions for log management and log explorer tools available for the open source community. (Graylog, Logstash, Fluentd, Datadog),
These tools provide various features such as log collection, log parsing, log analysis, log visualization, and alerting.

Problem/Question

I’ve not been able to find a way from the LiveDemo to explore these metrics/events/logs as plain text/json. As an example of my question, I’m attaching the example of Datadog. (Log Management)

What I expected to happen

Is there a way to check that logs on Netdata, or a way to integrate any other tool to have all this features on Netdata?

Thank you!

Hi @el_llegendari !

I am glad you are asking this question, because there is a big upcoming PR that will add such functionality to Netdata. I would recommend you read the PR description to get an idea of how it works, what type of logs it will be able to collect and how users will be able to interact with them.

I appreciate information around this topic might still be somewhat limited for now, as the visualization part is still in development, but feel free to ask any questions and we’ll do our best to answer them.

The plan is to release it as tech preview in the next few months, so users can interact with it and provide feedback (BTW since you are familiar with similar tools, it’s worth mentioning that the logs collection backend is based on Fluent Bit, so it will be very easy to integrate with Fluentd or Fluent Bit).