New version broken. Urgent help would be appreciated

Looks like two of our nodes got upgraded to v1.39.0-79-nightly
And now everything is broken. We can’t see any stats…

id: 0e4014ef-36b7-4e23-9fef-1117843c40ed

Hi @ben

Could you elaborate please more ? Is the agent running ? Are you not seeing data on cloud or on the local dashboard ? Could you please share your error.log file to manolis@netdata.cloud ?

Agent is running. I’ve even reinstalled to stable version v1.39.1 and still no luck.
We don’t see data on cloud. We can only see node is online but no charts are being shown.
Email sent. Thank you a lot.

I’m sorry but looks like OK now. Not sure if this was fixed or it was a timeout.

All right, do take a look if it comes up again and let us know!

One thing that could cause data not appearing in the cloud is having a wrong date and time on the agent node.

Please ignore this ticket. I’m not even sure what happened exactly.
I’ve noticed 2 nodes updated. And after that I couldn’t get apps.mem.dimensions.netdata.value value via API. I think it’s not first time I get this issue after automatic update. Reinstall usually helps.
Anyways I will switch to stable branch and will check if this happens again.
Thank you for such blazing fast support.

Hello @ben sorry for the inconvenience. This might be a side effect from the yesterday’s changes we put in motion due to the Upcoming Changes to Plugins in Native Packages | Netdata Blog. Could you please provide me with some more information to verify that this is not an actual bug? What platform do you use?

I’ve noticed 2 nodes updated. And after that I couldn’t get apps.mem.dimensions.netdata.value value

This is because of Split plugins to individual packages for DEB/RPM packaging. by Ferroin · Pull Request #13927 · netdata/netdata · GitHub. External plugins removed/no external plugins installed after the update. apps.mem.dimensions.netdata.value is missing because there is no apps.plugin after the upgrade.

@Tasos_Katsoulas platform: Linux
@ilyam8 Not sure what to do with this information.
Basically let’s ignore this. If this happens again and again I will let you know.