Nodes Incorrectly showing Offline in Cloud

Problem/Question

A lot of my nodes are showing as offline after updating to Netdata Agent: v1.36.0-397-nightly. When running netdatacli aclk-state shows the node is not online which is incorrect because I am remotely ssh’d into it, and it says the node has not been claimed but if I try to re-claim it. I get an error saying it has already been claimed.

Relevant docs you followed/actions you took to solve the issue

Look at the following but it appears that a update that came out earlier in the year.

Environment/Browser/Agent’s version etc

Netdata Agent: v1.36.0-397-nightly

What I expected to happen

Nodes to show online and updated to latest agent version.

For Netdata Cloud topics, please try to provide a screenshot of or list details about the environment of your claimed Netdata agents and your browser version. Useful command: netdata -v, netdata -W buildinfo, netdatacli aclk-state

netdata -v
netdata v1.36.1

netdata -W buildinfo

netdatacli aclk-state

If you need anymore info just let me know and I can get it for you.

Hi @eli-cobler welcome!

Can you please share the complete output of the claim procedure?

Did they show as ok, claimed and online on the cloud before the update to nightly?

Hi @Manolis_Vasilakis thank you and thank you for your help, it is much appreciated!

I have provided the output of the claim procedure as well as the netdatacli aclk-state for your reference below.

Yes all nodes that I am seeing the problem on were showing correctly before updating them to the latest version.

Claim Procedure Output:

Hi @eli-cobler

Not sure what happened here…

Not sure why the version shows as 1.36.1 still, after the update.

The solution here would be to also pass --claim-id "$(uuidgen)" as the text suggests. This will create new credentials for the cloud, i.e. it will consider this node as new. Can you try that? You will have 2 nodes on the cloud this way, you can remove the old one from the cloud.

Hey @Manolis_Vasilakis

I gave your solution a try and got the following error. Is this saying I am missing a package uuidgen. Which I assume will generate uuid correct or am I mistake?

Hi @eli-cobler

Yes, you’ll need this command installed. Depending on your distribution though, e.g. for Debian I think it’s in package uuid-runtime.

Hey @Manolis_Vasilakis I was able to successfully claim the node using the uuid package you mentioned. However the node is still now showing up in the cloud. I am still only seeing the original node that is saying offline and that it needs an update.

Thank again for all your help. I have attached the command output below.

Hi @eli-cobler

Can you check if netdata is running? (From the output of the claim procedure it seems it doesn’t). Can you check with sudo systemctl start netdata ?

Hey @Manolis_Vasilakis ,

I can confirm netdata is running.

Thanks! Can you please paste the output of http://localhost:19999/api/v1/aclk ?

Hey @Manolis_Vasilakis sorry for the delay. It is going to take me some time to get this info for you. The software is deployed on a remote Raspberry Pi without easy access to the device. So I will have to find a way to get remote access to the device via the api url.