Process Monitoring

Problem/Question

I’m trying to monitor a custom process to make sure its running and I followed Monitoring service/process status · Issue #873 · netdata/netdata · GitHub

I can see the process showing up in netdata, but no matter what health configuration I try, it won’t fire an alarm when I stop the process.

Is there a current method documented somewhere for monitoring a specific service or process name? I also tried monitoring off of systemctl, but it said it couldn’t find my service even though it was definitely there.

ie: if nginx procs < 1, critical alert

Relevant docs you followed/actions you took to solve the issue

What I expected to happen

Ability to alert if a process is not running.

Thank you so much in advance.

Hello @ben_g ,

When an application stops, it won’t have more data being collected. What you have seeing on our dashboard are values set to zero, because we are missing data.
I began to change the default behavior for eBPF.plugin with this PR, but we still did not have nothing like this for apps.
I am going to discuss with our team (ping @ilyam8 and @Stelios_Fragkakis ) a solution for this, and tomorrow I will bring an update.

Best regards!

Thank you so much!

Basically, we just need a way to know if specific services are running. I suppose we may be able to write our own go collector and then report on it that way?

Hi @Thiago_Marques_0

Just checking in to see if you have any updates.

Thank you