Upgraded to 1.44 - no user or usergroup data

We used to be able to see usergroup and user cpu and memory data. Now after upgrading to 1.44 there’s no data. Specifically there’s just user and system. There used to be cpu and mem usage for each user on the system. I’m running Netdata in a Kubernetes container.

Hi @data-smith ,

Not sure from which version you came from but on v1.43 there were some changes on the apps.plugin and other collectors. Instead of having them as dimensions they were moved to charts/instances (naming will vary depending on the metric context).

Full details here.

Hope this helps.

I saw the separate charts. That’s unfortunate. It was nice to see usage by all users in one chart.
I guess i can hop on the server and run top and then if i want to see over time i can use Netdata.

You should be able to still see them, the Group by on these charts should be the “instance”, on the example I show above is user. Don’t you see this like I showed on the screenshot?

I guess i can hop on the server and run top and then if i want to see over time i can use Netdata.

Are you using accessing the UI on Agent directly or with Netdata Cloud? If the later, you have access to “Processes” function directly on the UI under “Top” tab.

I’m using a local Netdata and I’m using the old display (all on one page). I’d give you a screenshot but it’s not easy for me to move data from the cluster to the internet.

Ok that explains it then, the composite charts and Post Aggregation component added on the NIDL framework
are only available on the new version.