Windows Netdata Agent Installation (Server 2022 Eval & Win 11) failing on expired/invalid/not found token

I was able enough to have some success in monitoring a Windows bare metal machine from a Linux VM. I found the NetData.msi agent installer and hoped to compare the different nodes in the cloud, only to encounter the topic’s subject. Sadly, I have to report that, even when trying a new installation a different host using Windows 11, was also met without success in adding the node to the cloud/room.

I tried cmd.exe. I even tried setting the token in a Powershell variable, also without success. For example:

$TOKEN=“zMemVyckELZRIWzSiIhiIiEIAkE5bhfuPZvfGmwjcIP8TxnpcSTmzDCU9d_sFiBqqlt0so0xA0hSjtcWydA4GSrbcR0O8KkWcBPnc-_WImFbIonnmYN4j0vzksd0UwP1FbPh0w4”
msiexec.exe /i netdata.msi TOKEN=$TOKEN ROOMS=a7ef7b07-b3cf-4b5f-82d3-516a2f9d9850 URL=https://app.netdata.cloud

here is the tail end of the C:\Netdata.log file:

WSL DISTRO REGISTERED
ADJUSTING DISTRO
SAVING WSL VERSION USED IN MACHINE ENV VAR NETDATA_WSL_VERSION
REMOVING FIREWALL RULE FOR WSL1 IF EXISTS
CLAIMING
Unable to communicate with Netdata daemon, querying config from disk instead.
Unable to communicate with Netdata daemon, querying config from disk instead.
Token: ****************
Base URL: https://app.netdata.cloud
Id: 42319ed7-eead-4fe8-a7ca-1e47b241e234
Rooms: a7ef7b07-b3cf-4b5f-82d3-516a2f9d9850
Hostname: name-removed-to-hide-the-innocent
Proxy:
Netdata user: netdata
Generating private/public key for the first time.
Extracting public key from private key.
writing RSA key
Connection attempt 1 successful
Failed to claim node with the following error message:“token expired/token not found/invalid token”
STARTING AGENT
2023-11-15 22:25:16: netdata INFO : MAIN : CONFIG: cannot load cloud config ‘/var/lib/netdata/cloud.d/cloud.conf’. Running with internal defaults.
ADDING NETDATA TO STARTUP

Netdata : wsl.exe -d Netdata netdata
PSPath : Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
PSParentPath : Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
PSChildName : Run
PSDrive : HKCU
PSProvider : Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\Registry

REMOVING INSTALLATION LOGON TASK
SUCCESS: The scheduled task “netdata” was successfully deleted.
SAVING INSTALLED FLAG
INSTALLATION FINISHED

Yes. I’ve even logged out the netdata cloud and re-logged in to generate new tokens - with immediately pasting them into the powershell console and re-running the installer, only to continue to meet failure.

The powershell on the server defaults to 5.2; while on Windows 11 has version 7.3.8.

Thanks in advance!!