Different alarm settings for different web_log conf

Hey @DeWaRs1206,

There are a couple of things to unpack here. Let me try to help you out, but before we delve into this, I just wanted to welcome you to our community :slight_smile:

For starters, even though you are monitoring your apache server, we are not actually using the apache collector, but the web_log collector. They are 2 different collectors who can monitor apache in a different manner, the first by reading stats from apache directly, while the web_log by reading the logs produced by apache.

If you want to learn more about collectors, take a look at our FAQ about it: What are collectors and how do they work?

Now, what we need is to edit the default alarms for the web_log collector and modify it to our liking.

To modify the health file, you will need to run sudo ./edit-config health.d/web_log.conf. The script is smart enough to see that you haven’t yet edited that health file, thus it will show you the default one and then it will save any changes you make.

Now, it’s time to dive into the syntax for alarms in Netdata. Although it may seem daunting at first, it is really simple and really powerful.

I am not sure what you want to modify exactly, so I can’t help you any further. If you tell me which alarm you want to modify exactly and how, we can work on the syntax together here :slight_smile: