Resetting notifications

Hi, I have a server that works really hard and is throwing a decent number of “errors” according to netdata and spamming my email. I have gone in and set the role to silent on these multiple times. However seemingly at random I will start receiving alerts for these again and have to set the role to silent again. No matter what I do I just can’t get it to stop sending me these notifications. About to uninstall netdata.

@HcgRandon thx for using Netdata and reporting the issue. Do you receive these email notifications from the Agent or from the Cloud? It’s important for us so we can pin point the issue.

Hi thanks for the quick reply but I might of figured it out via Changes made in /usr/lib/netdata/conf.d/health.d/net.conf revert back after each update However to answer your question the emails are coming via no-reply@netdata.cloud. I think my confusion came from the footer of these emails suggesting to edit /usr/lib/netdata/conf.d/health.d/whatever.conf. According to this thread though it seems I should be editing via the edit-config script and pointing it to /etc/netdata/health.d/whatever.conf I will see if this works.

You’re not supposed to directly edit the default alarm configurations, exactly because they get overwritten after every update. Use the edit-config command, as explained in Configure health alarms | Learn Netdata

1 Like