Alarm has wrong link

Environment

Ubuntu 18.04
netdata/bionic,now 1.9.0+dfsg-1 amd64 [installed]

Problem/Question

The email notification’s “View Netdata” button takes me to https://registry.my-netdata.io/… How can I change that?

What I expected to happen

Clicking on the link should take me to the server that sent the alert.

The first thing to do is to upgrade your Netdata. We’re at v1.31 now.
After that, you can sign in to Netdata cloud and then visit your agent’s UI. That records the URL you use.
The next time you get an alarm from that agent, you should be redirected correctly.

The alternative to using Netdata Cloud is to run your own registry.

Our registry stopped recording URL a while back, because there was no explicit opt-in for it to do so. Signing up to the cloud provides that opt-in and the local registry alternative provides the feature without sending any URLs to Netdata.

Hi

I have a similar problem. I have alarms turned on and notifications get delivered to my matrix homeserver.
This is an example notification I received:

myserver needs attention - disk space usage
disk_space._var_lib_netdata (/var/lib/netdata)
disk space usage = 15.7%
disk /var/lib/netdata space utilization

As you can see, the link above goes to app.netdata.cloud.

However, my cloud.conf looks like this:

[global]
  enabled = no

And I start netdata with these environment variables:

NETDATA_DISABLE_CLOUD: 1
NETDATA_REQUIRE_CLOUD: 0

The link pointing to app.netdata.cloud is needlessly confusing, how can I change it or remove it?

There is no access to this cloud page (or the greater internet) from within my network…

I am not running my own registry, can I just remove the link?

Hi @tulipgambler. As mentioned above, you need to run you own registry. The code that decides where the link goes is at netdata/alarm-notify.sh.in at master · netdata/netdata · GitHub and it doesn’t check the settings you listed.