No notifications in Netdata app

I have installed and logged into the Netdata App, I have followed the steps in the documentation. But I receive no notifications in the app.

I have received email notification about a ZFS pool problem, and the alert is active:

But the app doesn’t show anything:

I’m on the Business trial plan, but will subscribe to Homelab once the trial is over.

What am I missing?

Hello @thomasjsn :wave:

Thanks for reaching out, could you please share in a DM your space_id in order to take a better look into it?
You can find your space_id by clicking on the Space Settings :gear: at the lower left side of the Netdata Cloud.

Best,
Costas

Thanks!

So we’re on to something and it seems that there is indeed a sneaky bug from our side which we already started addressing.

Thanks so much for reporting this, we’ll be keeping you up to date and let you know when the fix is up & running :+1:

Best,
C.

1 Like

Hello @papazach, could this sneaky bug also be the reason why I’m not seeing any alarms with the /api/v1/alarms and /api/v1/alarms_values API endpoint?

I currently have an active alarm, but get the following response:

/api/v1/alarms:

{
	"hostname": "alpha",
	"latest_alarm_log_unique_id": 0,
	"status": false,
	"now": 1709551980,
	"alarms": {

}
}

/api/v1/alarms_values:

{
	"hostname": "alpha",
	"alarms": {

}
}

Hello @thomasjsn :wave:

The sneaky bug we spot belongs to Cloud and the endpoints you shared are Agent endpoints, so they are unrelated.

Regarding you aren’t able to get alerts from the API, most likely, you can’t get them because you are using the legacy endpoints. They were deprecated in favor of /api/v2/alerts endpoint.
Bear in mind, this new endpoint is very complex and supports a big set of parameter options.

In order to get what you’re looking for, the parameters should be:

• options=instances,values
  • status=raised

So the final endpoint should look like this:
/api/v2/alerts?options=instances,values&status=raised

Best,
Joao

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the feedback.

I can’t find any reference to v2/alerts in the documentation:

That’s why I assumed V1 was the current. I’ll do some tests with the new endpoint.

I can confirm that this works :slight_smile: I had to do it on the parent, but this makes sense since the child has:

[health]
    enabled = no
1 Like

You’re absolutely correct, the docs lack for update, I’m sorry for that.
Already reported this to the docs department and they will take care of it.
Once again, thanks for raising this up.

I can confirm that this works :slight_smile: I had to do it on the parent, but this makes sense since the child has:

Correct :wink:

Also have good news, the sneaky bug is addressed, and you should now be able to use our Mobile App.

Thanks for your patient, and let me know if there’s anything more I can help.

2 Likes

Can confirm, I now have Mobile App in my Notification Method and did get a notification in the app yesterday :+1:

2 Likes