Discrepancies on netdata charts

Hi,

I would like to know if anybody else have experienced this happening in netdata? We are doing SPT in our infrastructure and netdata is our main source of evidence. But what happened is we cannot reproduce the same chart. From what I have observed, the values on the y axis differ even though we are setting the same timeframe. Can anybody comment on this? Thanks.

Hi @jerometeano ,

Thanks for raising this with us, let’s see if I can help.

Could you clarify from where you got the chart in the first image? It seems to be specific to one node, since it isn’t a composite chart (no action bar with group by, dimension selections, etc.)

The second image I can understand it is from the Overview screen and the chart is the system.cpu groupd by node and so you see a data serires for each node that is the SUM of ABS for all the dimensions.

Cheers,
Hugo

Hi Hugo,

Thank you for the response. As per my colleague, the images are both from the system overview section. The first image he got it last week, then just covered the definition bar for reporting purposes. The 2nd image is the one he got from yesterday only. Im curious on how the aggregate function over time works.

Hi @jerometeano ,

Ok thanks for clarifying, it would be important to have the visibility of the options set on the action bar that was covered to check if anything was being filtered (e.g. dimensions) and/or the number of agents contributing to the chart.

In terms of time aggregations you can check this section on docs as a start Home and Overview | Learn Netdata and you will find some more details on this agent related docs section Database Queries | Learn Netdata

Cheers,
Hugo