Disk space and Disk inodes warnings

This morning after the latest nightly update I received some new warnings:
out of disk space time = 1h
estimated time the disk will run out of space, if the system continues to add data with the rate of the last hour
ALARM
/run
FAMILY

Running df -h shows for /run
tmpfs 1.5G 2.7M 1.5G 1% /run

out of disk inodes time = 1h 

estimated time the disk will run out of inodes, if the system continues to allocate inodes with the rate of the last hour
ALARM
/dev
FAMILY

udev            1908140     606  1907534    1% /dev

out of disk space time = 1h 

estimated time the disk will run out of space, if the system continues to add data with the rate of the last hour
ALARM
/run/lock
FAMILY

tmpfs           5.0M  4.0K  5.0M   1% /run/lock

out of disk inodes time = 1h 

estimated time the disk will run out of inodes, if the system continues to allocate inodes with the rate of the last hour
ALARM
/run/lock
FAMILY

tmpfs           1915770       9  1915761    1% /run/lock

There are more but you get the idea. I did receive notification that they had recovered

out of disk space time (was critical for 50 seconds) 

ALARM
/run
FAMILY

Could these be considered false notifications? I know I can disable these by setting the ‘To’ line to silent.

Also, in regards to ‘Tags’ under the Support - Netdata Agent Support when clicking on the + there are no tags shown to select from. I had to make this uncategorized in order to get any tags to show up.

Hey @chris.pollock,

Long time no see. Thanks for the feedback on the forum, I will take a look immediately!

Our engineers are investigating whether the new update made some changes to the alarms.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

It might be just a coincidence. The alarms are indicating the speed of growth of used space and inodes during the last 10 seconds. Probably, a lot of files were created at that moment and then deleted.

1 Like

@OdysLam, I haven’t had any issues lately other that Netdata not restarting sometimes after a nightly update or an update not running for some reason and I have to update manually. But since this is on just my own personal computer I just let that slide and worry about the more serious ones if/when they pop up.

@vlvkobal, thank you for the reply. You’re absolutely correct. Ubuntu was doing updates at 2020-11-30 08:05:05 and 2020-11-30 08:06:37. However the time stamps on the warning messages I got was 30 Nov 2020 08:02:47 a full 3 or so minutes before the updates started. I received a recovery message at 30 Nov 2020 08:18:37 which said out of disk space time (was critical for 50 seconds) the same for the inodes warning out of disk inodes time (was critical for 50 seconds).