Ebpf.plugin error logged

I see the error below show up in syslog occasionally. It is true that the file mentioned does not exist at the location given. It does however exist at /usr/lib/netdata/conf.d/

Jun 1 08:49:58 homeserver ebpf.plugin: Cannot load the ebpf configuration file (null)
Jun 1 08:49:58 homeserver ebpf.plugin: PROCFILE: Cannot open file '/etc/netdata/apps_groups.conf

Should I copy/move the file to the expected location?

Cheers
CW

Hello @kinsham ,

We had a discussion few days ago in our github related to this issue.

To parse the files that the error is reporting, we are using our the same functions we use to parse the proc files, it is already in our horizon to bring a change in our plugin to convert this error in a simple info message.

It is not necessary to copy the file as you said, because Netdata will use the internal defaults.

Best regards!

@kinsham

TL;DR

It is not error level message, but info (or even debug). All is ok, nothing to worry about.

We are aware of the problem, but it is not that easy to fix (to change severity level of the mesage) as it may look. We will fix it anyway.

Is this being worked on? I’m still getting the message as an error.

Hi, @NotCoolKiwi. This has not been fixed yet. This issue is almost the same as [static systemd services] => PROCFILE: Cannot open file '/sys/fs/cgroup/blkio/system.slice/.... · Issue #11397 · netdata/netdata · GitHub. I suggest you open a bug report in the netdata/netdata repository.

@Thiago_Marques_0 I think that is extremely easy to fix, we just need to pass PROCFILE_FLAG_NO_ERROR_ON_FILE_IO flag to procfile_open when loading user configuration file.

1 Like

@kinsham we’ve discussed the issue internally and decided to just fix it - no need to open a bug report. Will be fixed next week.

1 Like

Hello guys,

The PR Remove unecessary error report for proc and sys files by thiagoftsm · Pull Request #12385 · netdata/netdata · GitHub will fix this issue and it will create the basis to fix analogous issues as soon it ismerged.

Best regards,

Thiago

1 Like

Thank you so much for the fast fix and replies!

1 Like

Hello,

PR was merged, so next nightly release will have the issue fixed, and we will work during the week to fix the issue for other collectors.

Best regards!

1 Like