Libre Hardware Monitor as collector

Hi,

I’m a total newbie here so, first of all, I want to say hello. I also apologize if I don’t have a clear understanding of Nedata’s fundamentals, concepts and naming.

I want to monitor the hardware stats of a number of windows workstations. Currently I have LibreHardwareMonitor installed on each workstation and check the stats via its HTTP server. It’s cumbersome and not very secure but, most of all, I don’t get any graphs, just numbers updating every second. That’s why I’ve thought about Netdata (and Prometheus, Grafana, etc., but I’d prefer Netdata for its simplicity).

I wonder if I could use that HTTP data as input for a Netdata collector or if there’s any other way I can provide that data to the Netdata agent which will be running on a Linux server.

I’m not a serious programmer, but can write basic Python scripts (or small programs in other languages).

Thanks for any help!

Hello @grokker and welcome into our community,

Haven’t used this app (libreHardwareMonitor). Quick question, are you aware of any HTTP endpoint in which they expose their metrics (e.g in JSON format) or just via dashboards?

Tasos.

The app has an http server you access via web browser and shows you the data.

Here’s a screenshot:

1 Like

Unfortunately none of the solutions I checked (quick glance, included the one you are using) are supporting an API, scraping UI is not a clean solution for your request, in some cases not an option at all. So I am gonna say we can’t help you with your request.

You can check the prometheus windows exporter which can expose metrics to the Netdata Agent seamless. You need to install the prometheus windows exporter in all of your machines and configure a Netdata Agent (which should be installed in a linux/freebsd based host OR you can also setup a Netdata Agent docker container to do that, just make sure that you use WSL2 in a windows host), to monitor these prometheus endpoints. Relevant documentation Prometheus endpoint monitoring with Netdata | Learn Netdata .

The con here is (I am not 100% sure) that windows exporter don’t expose metrics about temperatures or voltages. They focus more on resourses (like CPU, MEM, NET usage)

The web server of Libre Hardware Monitor exposes the /data.json endpoint, e.g. http://localhost:8085/data.json