Need to collect metrics about juniper switch and display bandwitdh charts of each interface

Snmp is switched on for my netdata monitoring server and a public community string is configured on my switch and I am able to get data using snmpwalk from the switch using the ubuntu terminal on my server. But when I add the switch to netdata.conf file I am unable to see the snmp metrics on my dashboard.

Am I missing something. I have followed the docs and the online articles without facing any errors in the logs but the charts or data just dont show up on the dashboard. I am only a week into my new job and netdata. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Hi @SHUBH_MISHRA ,

Welcome to the forums.

One question, you mention:

But when I add the switch to netdata.conf file I am unable to see the snmp metrics on my dashboard.

Are you referring to go.d/snmp.conf? That is where you need to configure your OID, please check SNMP devices | Learn Netdata

If this is what you have done then my suggestion is to run this collector in debug mode.

Regards,
Hugo

Thanks for the response, Hugo. Yes, that is where I have configured it. I will run it in debug mode and check the logs. If it still doesn’t work, I shall share my entire config files with you here!