Can I automatically remove unreachable nodes from Netdata Cloud?

Currently it’s not possible to automatically remove nodes from a Space or War Room. You can remove them manually from a War Room, as we describe in our documentation.

Seems the documentation URL is broken. Proper page is located here.

1 Like

Thanks Ivan! i have absolutely no idea why that happened :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The documentation is wrong. This is no longer an option.

Hello @danesparza the feature to remove a node from the General war room (this war room is repurposed, see the commend below) is temporary disabled.

However you can create a new war room in your space and include/exclude/delete the nodes (of the space) you would like (or not) to monitor for your day to day operations.

Tasos.

Deletion of individual offline nodes has been greatly improved with yesterday’s deployment. If you access the space settings and go to Nodes, you see the following table that allows you to filter all offline nodes, mass select them and bulk delete them. No more deleting one by one and it works great for the “All nodes” room too.

Not sure if this is related (although maybe related), but I may have found a “bug”, when I had Netdata installed on a VM with a specific name, Netdata was connected to the cloud. After a VM wipe and reinstalling Linux and Netdata from scratch, I connected the agent with the same name to the cloud and in some parts of the Netdata UI (Specifically in home dashboard) I can see that there are 2 nodes (Instead of one) but in the node list I see only one (current) node.
I tried to create a new war room and remove the old one, but apparently there’s no way to remove the “main” war room.
It’s more of a visual bug, but still a bug. I didn’t find anything on this on forum, and I was wondering if that’s something the team is aware of, @Christopher_Akritid1 ?
Thanks

It should be impossible to see 2 nodes counted in the “Home” page and only one listed in the Nodes view and admin. So it’s clearly a bug. Not sure if it’s another case of info not updated in our internal MongoDB cache, but I opened [Bug]: Home page shows the wrong node count · Issue #531 · netdata/netdata-cloud · GitHub for our wonderful engineers to check.

1 Like

Hi @burger

The fix for the above mentioned bug has been released, could you confirm if all is ok now?

Regards,
Hugo

1 Like

Hi @hugo !
Yes, it shows the correct number of nodes now.
Thank you a lot, I’m astonished with how fast it was fixed :slight_smile:
Good luck!

1 Like