Deleting a Node from the UI

Hi there,

we moved two nodes from one Space to another. These nodes still show up on the old Space after weeks of not receiving any data.

How can we remove these?

Cheers

thank you

Hello @Slind14, apologies for that we will deploy a fix for that later today. Please, select the node you want to delete from the checkbox and then use the bulk action (on the top right of the table) to delete it.

1 Like

Imgur

Hey @slind14,

Would you mind sending a screenshot of the element you describe?

Here is how you can do it, from our FAQ: https://learn.netdata.cloud/docs/cloud/faq-glossary#:~:text=You%20can%20delete%20a%20node,remove%20and%20reclaim%20a%20node.

Thanks for the feedback, is super important to us :slight_smile:

Hey @slind14,

Would you mind sending a screenshot of the element you describe?

Here is how you can do it, from our FAQ: https://learn.netdata.cloud/docs/cloud/faq-glossary#:~:text=You%20can%20delete%20a%20node,remove%20and%20reclaim%20a%20node.

Thanks!

The trash icon under settings doesn’t work. Is there another way?

@Slind14 Apologies, unclaiming is something we plan to deliver within January. For now please remove these nodes from your War Rooms.

yes, that’s right

Hey @slind14,

You mean that you can see them in the space as unreachable, right? I think that’s. a feature, not a bug, and we are currently working towards a proper removal of nodes.

@Manos-Saratsis can you please verify?

@OdysLam yes, we are working on it but takes more time than I initially expected. Within March we will start re-working the management screens and we will support a dynamic placement/removal of hosts to a War Room based on conditions (like status=reachable&&service=nginx)

Hello - has this ever been resolved? The clutter of obsolete nodes keeps growing for me - we cycle servers a lot.

Apologies, I just figured out that this doesn’t work for the default ‘General’ war room, but does work for new war rooms you create. It would be nice to be able to remove obsolete notes from the master list so they don’t show up anywhere.

Hi @tomtobin welcome!

I believe we have this coming fairly soon as it’s being worked on at the moment (finally :slight_smile: )

Remove_nodes2

This feature is live! We can all now enjoy the beauty of a clean UI to work on :relieved:

Thanks to everyone for requesting this!

2 Likes

Not everything I wanted. This merely allows temporal removal if netdata running on the host is down. As soon as netdata comes back up, it comes back in the cloud ui. So far, there is still no way to remove a host permanently that I can see.

I think if your node keeps registering it will show up again - the original problem was for nodes that were no longer valid (e.g. in my case I changed the hostname - so the old ip-XX hosts were hanging around cluttering things up). I believe you need to unregister the agent from the agent machine, then the node will be disconnected, then you can delete it.

Again, we’re talking from the UI. Not in cooperation with something you have to do client side as well.

I was able to get them removed, but it’s hard, I just suggest that we make it easy.

@tomtobin thanks for describing current behaviour, you’ll have to make sure the node doesn’t reconnect so you’re able to remove it for good.

This was just also the first step towards having a complete UI 1click unclaim & remove from war room solution @cjcox. We understand it still takes some steps to have them removed for good, but we’re working to provide the users with total control of their nodes.

Thanks a lot and keep the feedback coming :slight_smile: