Discord Notifications

I saw in a few other posts some discussion about cloud and discord notifications and was wondering if anyone knew if or when we would be getting ping and customization abilities for cloud or if we just need to disable cloud and use the agent only settings? It would be great to be able to keep everything configured with cloud and still be able to ping @everyone or @here.

Welcome @cpjet64 !

Thats a good question - i think probably worth a feature request in netdata/netdata-cloud to get some thumbs.

@hugo do you know if extending some existing integrations to do more fancy stuff like this is being looked at at the moment? Im not sure it is but just wanted to check.

Hi @cpjet64 ,

Thanks for raising this to us.

At the moment we aren’t actively looking to enhance the customization of this notification message templates, this has come up in the past but isn’t currently on our immediate backlog.

use the agent only settings? It would be great to be able to keep everything configured with cloud and still be able to ping @… or @…

When you mention this are you actually able to use this at the agent? I haven’t tried this myself on the agent but looking to the docs - Discord | Learn Netdata - I don’t think we support this even at the agent.

If you manage to do this from the agent could you share a bit more into that?

Regards,
Hugo

@andrewm4894 Thanks for the response I will put one in.

@hugo I initially misunderstood the docs and thought in the example that discord roles were being mentioned but they turned out to be Netdata roles. My workaround was to write a discord bot that just parses messages in the channel and pings the appropriate roles. Ideally I would love to see the ability to ping roles or @ here or @ everyone though. Having to write a bot to support the monitoring shouldn’t be necessary. I can post the bot to my GitHub if you want to see how I am achieving the end goal of notifications.

Thanks for clarifying @cpjet64 that makes total sense.
No need to share the bot repo.

We understand the need and we will consider it but we can’t promise when something will be up around this customization