How set Alert and threshold for Disk Space

Hello Team,

How to set the threshold for disk space usage and set the alert for Linux system.

Regards.
Dhananjay

Suggested template:

Problem/Question

Relevant docs you followed/actions you took to solve the issue

Environment/Browser/Agent’s version etc

What I expected to happen

Hi Dhananjay,

Welcome to Netdata Forums and thanks for sharing your doubts with us.

In order to know how to edit the alert definitions please check our docs here. The disk space alert config can be found under health.d/disks.conf (check the source on our repo netdata/health/health.d/disks.conf at master · netdata/netdata · GitHub)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Hugo

Hi Hugo,

Thanks for the doc.

I have one more issue, have installed the Windows_exporte on one of our Windows servers in 2019, but the installation was not completed, and following up with the below errors.

" I n v a l i d c o m m a n d l i n e o p t i o n : - - u n r e g i s t e r

U s a g e : w s l . e x e [ o p t i o n ]"

WSL DISTRO COULDN’T BE IMPORTED USING WSL2, TRYING WITH WSL1

WSL DISTRO COULD NOT BE IMPORTED WITH VERSION SWITCH, TRYING DEFAULT OPTION

Have attached the Netdata installation log below, please verify and help us to install the windows_exporter and configure the Windows system on the Netdata cloud.

STARTING INSTALLATION
WSL ALREADY INSTALLED, SKIPPING INSTALLING IT
VIRTUAL MACHINE PLATFORM FEATURE ALREADY INSTALLED, SKIPPING INSTALLING IT
SAVING RESTART FLAG
CREATING NETDATA INSTALLATION LOGON TASK
SUCCESS: The scheduled task “netdata” has successfully been created.
NO AUTORESTART DETECTED, INSTALLATION WILL CONTINUE AFTER RESTART
OK
CONTINUING INSTALLATION
INSTALLING WSL2 KERNEL UPDATE
INSTALLING WINDOWS_EXPORTER
UNREGISTERING NETDATA WSL DISTRO
I n v a l i d c o m m a n d l i n e o p t i o n : - - u n r e g i s t e r

U s a g e : w s l . e x e [ o p t i o n ] . . .

O p t i o n s :

- d ,   - - d i s t r i b u t i o n   < D i s t r i b u t i o n N a m e > 

L a u n c h   t h e   s p e c i f i e d   d i s t r i b i t i o n . 

- e ,   - - e x e c   < C o m m a n d L i n e > 

E x e c u t e   t h e   s p e c i f i e d   L i n u x   c o m m a n d .   T h e   r e m a i n d e r   o f   t h e   a r g u m e n t s   a r e 

u s e d   a s   t h e   c o m m a n d   l i n e   t o   e x e c u t e . 

- u ,   - - u s e r   < U s e r N a m e > 

R u n   a s   t h e   s p e c i f i e d   u s e r . 

- - h e l p 

D i s p l a y   t h i s   u s a g e   i n f o r m a t i o n . 

- - 

S t o p   p a r s i n g   a r g u m e n t s   a n d   p a s s   t h e   r e m a i n d e r   t o   t h e   L i n u x   p r o c e s s . 

TRYING TO IMPORT NETDATA DISTRO WITH WSL2
PLEASE WAIT FOR A FEW MINUTES
I n v a l i d c o m m a n d l i n e o p t i o n : - - i m p o r t
O p t i o n s :
- d , - - d i s t r i b u t i o n < D i s t r i b u t i o n N a m e >
L a u n c h t h e s p e c i f i e d d i s t r i b i t i o n .

E x e c u t e   t h e   s p e c i f i e d   L i n u x   c o m m a n d .   T h e  

r e m a i n d e r o f t h e a r g u m e n t s a r e
u s e d a s t h e c o m m a n d l i n e t o e x e c u t e .

- - h e l p   

- -   
             S t o p   p a r s i n g   a r g u m e n t s   a n d   p a s s   t h e  

r e m a i n d e r t o t h e L i n u x p r o c e s s .

WSL DISTRO COULDN’T BE IMPORTED USING WSL2, TRYING WITH WSL1

O p t i o n s :

E x e c u t e   t h e   s p e c i f i e d   L i n u x   c o m m a n d .   T h e   r e m a i n d e r   o f   t h e   a r g u m e n t s   a r e 

- - h e l p 

- - 

S t o p   p a r s i n g   a r g u m e n t s   a n d   p a s s   t h e   r e m a i n d e r   t o   t h e   L i n u x   p r o c e s s . 

WSL DISTRO COULD NOT BE IMPORTED WITH VERSION SWITCH, TRYING DEFAULT OPTION

O p t i o n s :

- - h e l p 

- - 

WSL DISTRO COULD NOT BE IMPORTED, ABORTING

Regards.
Dhananjay

Glad the docs helped

Could you point me to the instructions you’re following and if possible show me the command executed?

Hi Hugo,

Could you please help on Windows_exporte on windows server, still I’m getting the same above error.

Regards.
Dhananjay

Hello Hugo,

Have added the Windows machine to netdata cloud, I can see the node but metrics are not loading. The Function capability of win_server1 is:OFF. please let me know where i can enable Function capability to start the metrics.

Regards.
Dhananjay

Hi Dhananjay,

Glad you were able to connect your node to Cloud.

Regarding the metrics, could you open the Overivew and see on the right-hand menu if you find a Windows section?

For this Nodes tab please see this comment on another thread Windows Server 2019 Not Showing As Separate Node On Dashboard - #7 by hugo

The Function feature, at the moment, isn’t available on remote monitoring since it is a job that is executed on the host were the Netdata agent is running. You can check our Netdata Windows Demo environment looks the same Netdata Cloud

Regards,
Hugo

Hi Hugo,

I’m not able to see the Windows section right-hand menu.

Regards.
Dhananjay

Could you go to the local agent dashboard for your Linux machine that is remotely monitoring your windows server and do a snapshot export? After that please send it tome at hugo@netdata.cloud

Hi Hugo,

Now i can see the Windows section and right side menu and the metrics. please guide us how to monitor the application from Windows server.

Regards.

Hi Huga,

Please need your assistance on this.

Regards.
Dhananjay

Hi Dhananjay,

The section that you show there is the Windows Server metrics, you can read about more about it here - Windows Monitoring | Netdata

On monitoring applications running on Windows please check this page where we cover IIS, SQL Server, Exchange, .NET Framework and Active Directory - Windows Monitoring | Netdata

Let us know in case of any further questions.

Regards,
Hugo

Hi Hugo,

Have added the Windows machines to netdata cloud, I can see the node and metric if I click on the specific node. why can’t see the Hardware information and Metric graph on the node page for the nodes win_server5 & win_server56? the same we can view for the Linux Remote node.

The Function capability of win_server5 & win_server56 is:OFF. please let me know where i can enable Function capability to start the metrics.

Regards.
Dhananjay

Hi Dhananjay,

These windows nodes are different from the Linux node since the Netdata Agent isn’t running directly on them, these are being monitored remotely and are Virtual nodes.

This is the reason why you can’t see some of the server information you mention or, for now, run functions on them - only function available for now is the processes which replaces top and iotop. The function is provided by the apps.plugin collector.

You can see more details on this on our v1.38.0 release notes here when we annouced it.

Regards,
Hugo

Hi Hugo,

we have production servers running on Windows server 2019 std, I don’t want to deploy WSL on windows server. I want to monitor Windows hosts by utilizing the Prometheus exporter(Don’t want to use Netdata MSI installer.). Have installed the Prometheus and Windows_exporter on one of the windows servers, Added the server IP in Prometheus.yml file but the windows node no showing up in the Netdata cloud. Please help me with how to claim the Windows node to netdata cloud and how to monitor the windows servers using Prometheus windows exporter.

Regards.
Dhananjay