Lost Connectivity/Directory Access Issue on Reinstall

I had two nodes lose connectivity roughly a month ago. Both nodes run CentOS 7. I tried running --reinstall without success. I uninstalled then installed fresh and am getting:

“shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory”

and

“job-working-directory: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory”

The node is reclaimed but never sends data. I verified that netdata is running with systemctl status.

Hi @Ryan_Miller and welcome to the community forum!
About a month ago is when “Let’s Encrypt” changed their verification. Plz check if Certificate verification error connecting to the cloud resolves the issue for you first.

The messages you see may or may not be related to the connectivity so let’s check those too. Where do you see them? error.log or when you’re running something?

The directory errors are on the install.

The TLS cert errors are in the error log.

The error log laso has these two repeating errors:

MAIN : PROCFILE: Cannot open file ‘/etc/netdata/apps_groups.conf’ (errno 2, No such file or directory)

MAIN : Cannot read process groups configuration file ‘/etc/netdata/apps_groups.conf’. Will try ‘/usr/lib/netdata/conf.d/apps_groups.conf’

running yum update ca-certificates fixed the connectivity issue

Hey @Ryan_Miller, glad that the connectivity issues has been fixed. Are you still facing issues with the other errors?
Have you deleted/moved/re-created any directory? Usually cwd errors are related with those actions.

I haven’t addressed the other errors I saw. They don’t appear to be affecting the performance of the monitor.