Node sharing / data sharing?

How could I implement data sharing?

The situation is that I am now monitoring an AWS EC2 Ubuntu machine. There would be a need to share data outside our organization.

Is it possible to share single node data in real time somehow?

And is it possible for someone else to open their own Netdata account and connect to the same EC2 Ubuntu somehow?

Hello and welcome!!

Apologies for delay here.

Interesting situation.

Is it possible to share single node data in real time somehow?

• easiest option would be to add them to your netdata cloud space or room as a “Troubleshooter” or “Observer” role: Role-Based Access model | Learn Netdata. Then they can just see all charts etc same as you in real time but also be a bit locked down in terms of what they can do on your account.
  • if you need to ship the data for some reason you could look at exporting or perhaps even some sort of streaming where you could stream from the ec2 instance to some netdata parent sitting somewhere that the users can access it. This would give them ability to look at local agent dashboard and also ability to hit the agent rest api to get raw data if thats what they want.

And is it possible for someone else to open their own Netdata account and connect to the same EC2 Ubuntu somehow?

Not really - each node can only be claimed to one space in NC. A node can be in multiple rooms in a space so you could put the ec2 in its own room and then you as space admin would need to add the user to that room as an “observer” so they can just see the data in that room.

So I think we might need some more info to help figure out what might be feasible and what some potential options might be.

Mainly i think - do you want them to be able to actually get at the raw data in some way or just about being able to see the charts etc.

The netdata Grafana plugin might maybe be of potential relevance if you already have a Grafana anywhere.
Also something like netdata-pandas library could also be useful if you were to stream to a parent that your users could then pull data from into python if they wanted or something like that.

Probably also a few other options but might depend a bit more of specifics of your use case if you can share a bit more info.