After installation of netdata in OPNsense using the plugin os-netdata (or net-mgmt/netdata) I want to connect this agent to Netdata Cloud.
Based on this installation instruction I run this command:
curl https://my-netdata.io/kickstart.sh > /tmp/netdata-kickstart.sh && sh /tmp/netdata-kickstart.sh --claim-token -<token> --claim-rooms <room> --claim-url https://app.netdata.cloud
This fails with following error:
ABORTED Found an existing netdata install at /usr/local, but the install type is 'custom', which is not supported, refusing to proceed.
Verifying installation type is confirmed:
# netdata -W buildinfo | grep 'Install type:'
Install type: custom
How must I proceed to connect an agent to netdata cloud with this installation type?
Unfortunately you can’t use the netdata package from OPNsense repository with Netdata cloud. It’s built without support for this option. You can see it by yourself using the command
netdata -W buildinfo
I don’t know the reasons for this decision; trying to find the port maintainer.
I’d suggest you to
- build netdata agent package from the ports on
FreeBSD (do not forget to turn on the cloud support during configuration);
- copy the package to your
OPNsense and install it with
- claim it using netdata-claim.sh -token=My_Token -rooms=My_Rooms -url=https://app.netdata.cloud
Moving this thread under “Help” category, this may interests many other users.
I did IT!!!
all on opnsense:
- fetch https://pkg.freebsd.org/FreeBSD:13:amd64/latest/All/psmisc-22.16_1.pkg
- pkg add psmisc-22.16_1.pkg
this will ad pidof that is required. (and other useless stuff but i don’t found a way to get only pidof
3) pkg install bash e2fsprogs-libuuid git curl autoconf automake pkgconf liblz4 libuv json-c cmake gmake
it will install lot of stuff (list found from here: Install Netdata on FreeBSD | Learn Netdata)
than used the curl from netdata cloud
- curl https://my-netdata.io/kickstart.sh > /tmp/netdata-kickstart.sh && sh /tmp/netdata-kickstart.sh --claim-token my_tocken --claim-url https://app.netdata.cloud
the scrit will find that you need to build, it will take some time but will work and will connect to the online version.