View alert link in email ends in a warning via Netdata cloud

Hi,

since ~1 week it’s not possible anymore to check an alert that was send via E-mail.
Whenever I click on the link I see the warning " We couldn’t find the alert" instead.
So actually I can’t investigate all the alerts anymore :frowning:

Hey @finalwebsites, can you please check if the alert was still active the time you clicked on the Alert email, or if it was cleared?

the web_log_nginx.requests_by_type alert has a delay set in its configuration

delay: up 1m down 5m multiplier 1.5 max 1h

so receiving emails after alert transitions is delayed.

On top of that, we’ve identified an issue that makes alert view for cleared alerts showing the “Can’t find this alert” message you experienced, instead of the cleared alert, with all of its details. A fix will be applied shortly.

Thank you very much for your report :slight_smile:

If the alert is cleared, shouldn’t we be saying that, instead of a “We couldn’t find the alert” which sounds like a problem? @hugo what do you think?

A fix is on the way. We had some regressions so we couldn’t release today.

It happens with several hours (3-7) I never wait more than 24 hours for the investigation. It was goed 1-2 weeks ago. This issue is new for my account and it happens for all my server (~10).

Most alerts are cleared within less than an hour. It’s important to see what happens last night for example even is the alert is already cleared.

Is this limit new, it was good before

Is this limit new, it was good before

By limit, do you mean the delay? delay isn’t new, but unfortunately it isn’t very obvious for cloud users how it’s supposed to work and that is there. This is something we need to enhance and make it more clear → Feature request - [Feat]: Expose alert delay in Netdata Cloud · Issue #655 · netdata/netdata-cloud · GitHub

Most of the built in alerts have a delay in place. You can read more about it in here Configure alerts | Learn Netdata and will be happy to help if you have more questions.

Most alerts are cleared within less than an hour. It’s important to see what happens last night for example even is the alert is already cleared.

Yes, this will be fixed . You will again be able to check alert details in Cloud, after you click on the View alert call to action button in the email, even if alert is in a cleared state.

Will let you know once we deploy this change.

1 Like

Thanks, I will check it than with the next alert